Business Events Sydney is a not-for-profit company, funded by the NSW Government and private sector stakeholders, with the role of bidding for and securing world-class business events of strategic interest and value for Australia.
As the Assistant Accountant within our Corporate Services team, you will report to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for:
- Processing purchase orders, invoices, credit notes, daily banking and other adjustments
- Managing debtor's collection and payments, including reporting.
- Processing payments and claims, including supplier payments, company credit cards, expense claims, and overseas office payments
- Payroll administration and tax, superannuation and worker's compensation preparation.
- Administration of HR system and ad-hoc HR tasks as directed by the HR manager.
- Month-end reconciliations
- Preparation of Quarterly BAS returns
- Annual Reconciliations for FBT and EMDG returns
- Providing support to the Finance Manager with accounting tasks as required
- Acting as the first point of contact for staff regarding payroll, expenses, HRIS tasks and other queries.
- Training staff on financial processes as required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they can:
- Solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Critically analyse information
- Complete and maintain accuracy with assigned tasks
- Maintain a mature approach to their work
- Develop and nurture professional working relationships
- Manage their time effectively
- Work proactively and independently
- Work effectively with relevant systems
The successful candidate must possess:
- A certification in accountancy from an academic institution
- 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in a variety of accounting software and MS Office (particularly strong excel skills) required
- An understanding of the association/not-for-profit sector desirable
At Business Events Sydney, we value our people and provide flexibility, an excellent work / life balance, and the opportunity for further study.
Interested? To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Sunday 21 May 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those without local experience will not be considered. Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply. No recruiters please.