Newly opened International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) is destined to be the premier business and cultural events precinct in the Asia Pacific region, showcasing Sydney to the world through its convention, exhibition and entertainment centre.
We are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Executive to join our Exhibition (Trade, Consumer and Travelling exhibitions) sales team to assist with managing demand and curating the Exhibitions portfolio at ICC Sydney. Reporting to the Business Development Manager for the International and Exhibitions client market, you will work within the team to manage and grow the annual exhibitions calendar and drive new business opportunities through the process, for ICC Sydney.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and decision makers within the exhibition sector, resulting in successful business conversions;
- Identify and act on new business sales and servicing opportunities including contract negotiations;
- Strategic planning and execution of business/portfolio development and marketing activities;
- Calendar management of tenancies;
- Preparation and follow up of proposals and contracts;
- Coordinating and hosting of familiarisations
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous sales/business development experience within exhibitions market segment;
- Strong insights of business to business sales methodologies which will assist you in establishing new business and managing customer accounts;
- Outstanding interpersonal and rapport building skills;
- Ability to think laterally with a commercial business approach
- Understanding of Ungerboeck software management system preferred.
Additionally, you will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a demonstrated commitment to your career and the desire to be part of one of the largest and most innovative projects in Sydney. To succeed, you will have a passion for getting results, be resilient with strong customer service and communication skills and be able to establish productive working relationships.
We welcome high achievers who are excited to take on new challenges and share their ideas. On-the-job training, development and exposure to an exciting work environment will give you the opportunity to work with great people, while earning a competitive salary and developing an amazing career.
To find out more about life at ICC Sydney, soon to be one of the most exciting business events and entertainment precincts in the world, visit careers.iccsydney.com. Join us on the world stage!