Your ticket to a winning career
Australian Turf Club operates Sydney’s four racecourses; Royal Randwick, Warwick Farm, Rosehill Gardens and Canterbury Park. We provide world-class Thoroughbred racing all year round with Autumn and Spring Carnivals being our pinnacle showcase times for fashion, social and racing. When we aren’t racing we are a renowned award winning culinary, events and entertainment venue.
At Australian Turf Club ‘The Heart of Sydney Racing’ we believe our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who are true team players, customer focused and thrive on meeting challenges. In return you will be rewarded with a unique, diverse and exciting employment experience.
The role at a glance…
Reporting to the Events by ATC Senior Manager Business Development, we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to join the Events by ATC team and take on the responsibility for developing and managing business and sales initiatives across all venues for non-race day events.
More specifically the role will:
Plan and coordinate non race day programs, promotional campaigns, events and initiatives.
Actively seek and approach new clients
Manage existing client portfolio – maintain regular contact and build on relationships
Provide excellent customer service – liaise with prospective clients, generate proposals and/or quotes, conduct client site inspections
Report on sales activities
Conduct financial analysis pre and post event evaluation – collaborate with senior management on continuous improvement
What we are looking for…
- Previous experience in a business development role – proven sales success is a must!!
- Demonstrated experience in commercial venues within hospitality, events, entertainment tourism and/or leisure
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in commerce, hospitality/leisure, marketing and/or communications is desirable but not essential
What we are offering…
- An opportunity to work with a product offering like no other
- Exposure to a fast paced team environment
- Opportunities to give back through participation in our community engagement volunteering program
- Staff Rewards and incentives – complimentary Race Day Member passes, discounts at major retailers and team social events
- Free onsite parking