Sydney Olympic Park is looking for a full time Business Development Manager to join their Business Events team. As the central point of contact for Business Events at Sydney Olympic Park, the Business Development Manager works closely with the Park’s 10 major venues to identify new leads and maximise existing opportunities to drive revenue and visitation for the Park.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Business Events, you will be responsible for identifying and driving new business opportunities for business events into the Park’s venues. Specific duties will be creation and management of an annual sales plan, co-ordination of cooperative business development initiatives, campaign management, presentations to clients, organising and hosting sales familiarisations and events, preparation of bid documents with our venue stakeholders, industry liaison and development and management of client relationships.
To be successful in the role
You will have:
- A track record in successful sales and business development.
- Knowledge of the business events industry in Australia
- 3 – 5 years experience in a senior sales or business development role within the hospitality, tourism or meetings industry
To help you achieve your best, we offer a motivated team, a flexible workplace and a great working environment.
Your application must include your response to the targeted questions below, and an up to date resume/CV outlining experiences, qualifications and achievements.
- Describe a time when you proactively identified and successfully secured a new domestic or international business event. What was your approach to identifying the opportunity, processes undertaken to secure the business and final outcome.
- Provide an example of a targeted sales or marketing campaign that you managed from start to finish and what were the key elements of ensuring a successful campaign?