Luna Park's versatile event spaces combined with magical views, first class catering facilities and unique heritage buildings see us host an array of meetings, conferences, exhibitions, weddings, special events and functions.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Event Manager, who can facilitate seamless coordination of the hundreds of functions (mostly corporate functions and weddings) that are held here each year. You will liaise with clients and venue partners, coordinate each function within client specifications and provide high level client contact once the account is handed to you from the Sales Team, through to attendance at the actual event.
This position best suits a person with a good sense of humour who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
Other capabilities required are:
- Proven experience in event coordination, with venue or catering experience well regarded
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships with clients, team members, management and staff from other departments
- Well-developed organisational skills, proven efficiency and an eye for detail
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Display a genuine warmth and natural ability to build rapport with clients quickly
- Positive attitude to problem solving and a quick thinker who can introduce viable win-win solutions
- A professional approach and an enthusiastic work manner
- The ability to up sell additional park products and services to clients
- Maintain client data base records and resource files
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage
- Be prepared to work varied hours including weekends and evenings to meet business demands
- A seasoned ‘foodie’ with a passion for food and wine is preferred.
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to be part of one of Sydney’s most loved entertainment venues then join our team by submitting your application to email@example.com.