Sydney School of Entrepreneurship (SSE) is an unprecedented new partnership between 12 tertiary institutions – all 11 NSW universities and TAFE NSW.
Established with a $25 million cornerstone investment by NSW Government, SSE will teach entrepreneurship, inspire entrepreneurial thinking and help foster the conditions for NSW entrepreneurs to thrive. Early operations have commenced ahead of the official launch in Semester Two 2017.
A full time position has been created for an Events Manager. To be based on location at the future SSE campus in Ultimo, the role is responsible for delivering events supporting SSE operations and managing the SSE campus as a venue.
Aspects of the role
Reporting to the GM Operations and Engagement, aspects of the role include:
- Responsibility for delivering all events including a high profile launch;
- Develop and implement policy and process for events and venue hire;
- Lead proactive business development and management of SSE venue;
- Main contact person for all SSE campus venue and event enquiries;
- Build relationships with event teams and relevant contacts across member institutions, government, industry and the entrepreneurial ecosystem;
- Co create future events in collaboration with SSE team and stakeholders
- Interface with high profile guests and visiting entrepreneurs in residence;
- Manage records and reporting via CRM database (Salesforce);
The successful candidate will possess:
- Five years or more relevant experience;
- Demonstrated Event and Project Management responsibility and success;
- Experience managing diverse event formats, audiences and locations;
- Highly organised and collaborative with an adaptable work style;
- Confidence and ability to communicate to stakeholders at all levels;
- Inspired by helping to build an unprecedented new partnership in an academic setting.
Working within a small team, the role demands professionalism, attention to detail and efficiency in managing competing priorities and the challenges of a start-up environment. It will require out of business hours support and travel.
Salary range: Remuneration commensurate with experience
To apply: Send CV (max. 3 pages), cover letter (max. 2 pages) and contact details for two references to Sarah@sse.edu.au.