Do you have established domestic and global networks across the health sector? Can you connect with people who can influence strategies to secure global health conferences for Sydney? Are you motivated by the opportunity to grow the economy, help shape health policies and create lasting impacts for NSW and for the nation?
Business Events Sydney is a not-for-profit company, funded by the NSW Government and private sector stakeholders, that secures world-class business events of strategic interest and value for Australia. Many are held in the brand new International Convention Centre Sydney, the most advanced of its kind in the world.
As the Head of Industry – Health, you will lead the health bid team (3 people), identifying and securing global health conferences and events for Sydney.
Reporting to the Deputy General Manager Bidding, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven strategic sales experience and business development skills in a B2B environment
- Insight and knowledge of the commercial drivers and policies in the health sector
- Senior stakeholder management experience within the NSW and Australian health sector
- A network of established health contacts across NSW and Australian government portfolios, Universities, Research Institutes and commercial entities
- Excellent client service, networking skills and communication experience, in particular writing for business leaders and senior government officials
- An understanding of the complexities of winning global business with a strategic “can-do” mindset
- International experience operating within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary environment
- Interest in broad national and global cultural, economic, business and social trends with an ability to seize wider commercial opportunities, solve problems logically and strategically
- An understanding of, or ability to acquire an understanding of, the global business conference bid process
- 5+ years’ experience developing and leading a small team
- Financial management skills, ideally in a project / account management environment
- Use of Salesforce (or similar), a degree from an academic institution and an understanding of the not-for-profit sector are desirable
At Business Events Sydney, we value our people and provide an excellent work / life balance.
Applications close midnight Sunday 23 April 2017. Please email your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, quoting Ref #ACW230417 in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CV’s will be kept on file for potential future opportunities.Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply.