At Business Events Sydney (BESydney) our mandate is simple: to tell the world that Sydney, New South Wales (NSW) is one of the greatest places to meet.
Our role is to bid for and secure international business events to Sydney and NSW. Our mission is to position Sydney and NSW as world-renowned, dynamic and sustainable meeting destinations by being a global thought leader in the business event sector; challenging the status quo; and by connecting, engaging with and respecting its stakeholders to deliver economic and social benefits.
BE Sydney has a new position vacancy within Health Industry Sector team, for a full-time 12-month fixed term contract (with a view to a permanent role).
The Industry Engagement Manager’s role is responsible for:
- Engaging with the identified potential bid leaders, developing an understanding of their objectives for hosting an international conference, leveraging existing relationships via the External Relations team, and ultimately gaining a commitment to bid with BESydney as a specialist partner.
- Providing informal oversight and support to the Industry Engagement Managers in the other industry teams to ensure consistency in approach and processes, and provide back up support to the Industry Team Leader in managing their designated industry team.
This role works closely with the sector Research Manager and Bid Manager to establish an in-depth understanding of a client’s organisation, their objectives in bidding and the process involved. Sharing knowledge and information within and across the Industry Team(s) is key to the effectiveness and success in this role.
The successful candidate must have the ability to, and be able to demonstrate, they can:
- Develop and maintain professional partnerships and internal relationships
- Think and plan strategically
- Be client focused
- Be commercially astute
- Demonstrate (soft) selling skills
- Work independently
- Demonstrate a proactive approach
The successful candidate must also possess:
- A degree from an academic institution, or substantial industry experience
- 3-5 years’ business events experience
- A demonstrated strategic ability and excellent writing skills
- Relationship management skills, including experience and demonstrated maturity to engage with senior public and private sector roles
- An understanding of, and interest in, broad national and international cultural, economic, business and social trends
- An understanding of the association/not-for-profit sector is desirable.
Applications close 5 February 2017. To apply please click forward your CV and cover letter, addressing the selection criteria, to Danielle Howe, HR Manager. Only applicants who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted, usually within 2 weeks of their application being submitted. Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply.