Would you like to work for one of the leading global companies in visitor entertainment? Would you like a role, based in Sydney, in an office amongst sharks, koalas and celebrities? Do you have a passion for corporate event sales, coupled with a love of fun? Then get applying as we have the role for you!
We currently have a rare and fantastic 12-month fixed term opportunity to join our team in a newly created role as National Events & Corporate Sales Manager for Merlin Entertainments Australia and New Zealand.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the National Events & Corporate Sales Manager will oversee the national events and corporate functions strategy through integrated sales and marketing activity with key events and corporate products. With a heavy focus on new national business acquisition and ongoing client development, you will be a champion in establishing and fostering partnerships with key stakeholders. You will work collaboratively with the attraction General Managers and regional Events teams to achieve ambitious revenue targets while ensuring we are delivering outstanding customer experiences. The successful candidate will also manage and oversee the national sales & marketing strategy including but not limited to promotional activity, online marketing & e-DMs, advertising, PR, consumer & trade events and social media channels.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of the corporate market in the entertainment, leisure & tourism industry
- A proven track record of working to, and achieving sales targets and marketing to major corporate partners and event organisers
- Experience in developing, managing and implementing sales strategies in a dynamic environment with a specific focus on margins and product mix
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- A continuous improvement mindset – always evaluating insights and developing them into actionable outcomes
- Budgeting and P&L reporting experience
- A passion for entertainment, tourism and leisure industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a positive attitude and a love for FUN!
About the Benefits
Great people, great perks! Alongside a fun and collaborative environment, with a competitive salary, you can enjoy our amazing benefits package, including a discretionary company bonus, corporate partnership discounts, and of course, a Merlin Magic Pass, which entitles you and your family and friends free admission to all our attractions worldwide. Perhaps the biggest benefit of joining us however, are the invaluable opportunities for further career training and development across our ever-expanding group.
We are MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS, Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator. Merlin operates over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 23 countries and across four continents. We aim to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to our 54 million visitors worldwide, through our iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of our managers and more than 26,000 employees. Why do we do it? For the love of FUN!!!
This is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level and work for one of the world’s best known attraction brands. So, if you are a team player who is vibrant and passionate about delivering exceptional experiences in a great company and a team who love what we do, we want to hear from you!