Are you motivated by the prospect of playing a role to help grow the economy and create lasting impacts for NSW and Australia within the health sector? Are you a researcher who can critically analyse information and identify business opportunities? If so, then the Research Manager vacancy within our health team could be for you!
Business Events Sydney is a not-for-profit company, funded by the NSW Government and private sector stakeholders, with the role of bidding for and securing world-class business events of strategic interest and value for Australia.
As the Research Manager within our 4-person health team, you will report to the Head of Industry – Health, and you will be responsible for:
- Qualifying and analysing opportunities in the health ‘lead pool’
- Identifying new high-quality global health conferences and events, prioritising and progressing these through to colleagues within the health team
- Providing support to the two Research Managers in the other Industry Teams to ensure consistency of approach and process as well as efficiencies to achieve wider team targets
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they can:
- Critically analyse information and identify business opportunities
- Offer a basic understanding and insight of the NSW and Australian health sector
- Prioritise multiple leads in an effective and efficient manner
- Utilise their commercial nous to identify business opportunities
- Broadly understand the global business conference and events industry
- Develop and nurture professional working relationships
- Utilise their soft-selling skills and manage their time effectively
- Work proactively and independently
- Confidently network and possess good client service skills
The successful candidate must possess:
- Substantial industry experience or a degree from an academic institution
- 3-5 years’ experience in a sales research role, ideally from within the health sector
- High computer literacy and excellent internet research skills
- Ability to help colleagues deliver consistent outcomes
- An interest in broad national and international cultural, economic, business and social trends
- An understanding of the association/not-for-profit sector
At Business Events Sydney, we value our people and provide an excellent work / life balance.
Interested? To apply, please email your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations and quoting Ref #DH230417 in the subject line by midnight, Sunday 23 April 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. CV’s will be kept on file for potential future opportunities. Only those with the right to work in Australia may apply. No recruiters please.