- Award winning Venues & Catering
- Coordinate some of Sydney's most amazing functions
- Iconic venue
Fantastic opportunity for an Events professional looking to coordinate functions in a unique entertainment precinct, heritage buildings and versatile event spaces!
Luna Park's versatile event spaces combined with magical views, first class catering facilities and unique heritage buildings see us host an array of meetings, conferences, exhibitions, weddings, special events and functions.
We are seeking an experienced Wedding Event Manager, who can facilitate seamless coordination of an average of 60 weddings a year and some corporate functions that are held here. You will liaise with clients and venue partners, coordinate each function within client specifications and provide high level client contact once the account is handed to you from the Sales Team, through to attendance at the actual event.
This position best suits a person with a good sense of humour who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
Other capabilities required are:
- Proven experience in event coordination, with venue or catering experience well regarded. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop productive relationships with clients, team members, management and staff from other departments.
- Well developed organisational skills, proven efficiency and an eye for detail.
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Display a genuine warmth and natural ability to build rapport with clients quickly.
- Positive attitude to problem solving and a quick thinker who can introduce viable win-win solutions.
- A professional approach and an enthusiastic work manner.
- The ability to up sell additional park products and services to clients.
- Maintain client data base records and resource files.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage.
- Be prepared to work varied hours including weekends and evenings to meet business demands.
- A seasoned ‘foodie’ with a passion for food and wine is preferred.
- The chance to represent one of Sydney’s iconic brands, a unique, diverse and fun place to work!
- A competitive salary, performance based bonus program, financial assistance available for extra tuition, and insurance premiums paid within the default corporate superannuation fund choice.
- Enjoy public transport at the door and discounted staff parking on site.
- Free rides passes, discounts on tickets and food and beverage across the park.
- Regular employee celebrations.
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to be part of one of Sydney’s most loved entertainment venues then join our team by submitting your application now.
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience satisfy the criteria listed above to email@example.com.